[Exim] proposed logging patches

Góra strony
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] proposed logging patches
After realizing that I couldn't easily figure out what exim errors means,
and that after all, as a mail admin, as least, I, should :-), I went to
patch exim 3.30 to give out better errors.

I'll release the patch soon after I clean it up, but I just wanted feedback
on the actual errors output (especially the fact that I output long
multi-line messages, is that ok?)

Among other things, I made header errors more explicit (show callback
message if any and show 3 types of failures), as well as showing servers
that refuse MAIL FROM: <> why their mail is being refused.

I know, I overkilled the error messages, but that was on purpose :-)

Please Cc my posting address on answers as my main subscription address will
be unreachable for a day or so.

Thanks,
Marc

Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.valinux.com ESMTP Exim 3.30-VA-mm1 #2 Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:13:36 -0700 - VA int mm6
mail from: merlin@???
250 <merlin@???> is syntactically correct
rcpt to: merlin@???
250 <merlin@???> is syntactically correct
data
354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
From: error@???
To: merlin@???

asdf