Re: [Exim] exim 3.22 problem on solaris 2.6

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Alan Thew, Nigel Metheringham
CC: Gary Palmer, exim-users, Paxton, Jon
Temat: Re: [Exim] exim 3.22 problem on solaris 2.6
On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Alan Thew wrote:

> Sorry to `join the party late' but we're running 3.22 and sol 2.6 and have
> just had our spool area filled with
>
> 81920 Jun 27 01:14 15F2y0-0007Co-00-D
>
> and on and on, no log entries. Our other 3.22/sol26 machine is fine or alt
> least spool loading is what I would expect.

It has been reported from two sites that had this problem that it goes
away with Exim 3.30. But I don't know what I did!

On 27 Jun 2001, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Are there any calls to dbm lookups in that area of the code -
> historically in general a crash like that has often been related to this
> sort of lookup.

Good point, but I don't think so. The sequence of events is "create
file, lock it, write its name at the start, read the body of the message
from the input stream, copying it to the file". The header has already
been read and is in memory. The mystery is why the only contents of the
file are its name - none of the message body, apparently.

I stared at the code hard for quite some time, and found nothing.

> Otherwise I'm starting to suspect a compiler/OS fault

I don't think we've compared compilers on this, but I'm very skeptical
about that. It's usually my fault. :-)