[Exim] Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.6.1, exim 3.22 - Can't open pipe

Góra strony
Autor: Gustav H Meyer
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.6.1, exim 3.22 - Can't open pipe
Hi,

I have a small perl script which I use for a feedback form on our web
server. Been using Solaris sendmail all the time but I like the way you
configure exim to use different routes depending on the destination address
etc. Was referred to exim by a local guru. I've tested it and it seems to
work very well when invoked through the commandline etc....

I first tested on a newer server with Solaris 2.7 and all worked very well
but when I implemented exim on our Solaris 2.6 box I get an error. I've
tried to find out the problem but am finally resorting to your expert
advice. Maybe one of you guys has had this before? Maybe I shouldn't use
exim at all?

The actual code that is generating the error is in line 79

     1  #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
     2.......
     .
     .
    21  $sendmail = '/usr/local/bin/exim'; # where is sendmail?
     .
     .
    79  open(MAIL, "|$sendmail -oi -t") or die "Can't open pipe to
$sendmail: $!
\n";
    80  print MAIL "To: $recipient\n";
    81  print MAIL "Bcc: gustav\@gcis.pwv.gov.za\n";
    82  print MAIL "From: $sender\n";
    83  print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
    84  print MAIL "$mail_body";
    85  close(MAIL) or die "Can't close pipe to $sendmail: $!\n";
     .
     .

Regards,
Gustav