[Exim] sender_verify_hosts and unresolvable domains

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] sender_verify_hosts and unresolvable domains
I have
sender_verify_hosts = /etc/mail/checksender/baddomains:*
which contains:
!sourceforge.labs.agilent.com

If I send a mail with:
From: noreply@???

it gets refused because:
routing noreply@???, domain sourceforge.labs.agilent.com
lookuphost router called for noreply@???
dns lookup: route_domain = sourceforge.labs.agilent.com
DNS lookup of sourceforge.labs.agilent.com (MX) gave TRY_AGAIN
sourceforge.labs.agilent.com in dns_again_means_nonexist? no (end of list)
returning DNS_AGAIN
lookuphost router deferred sourceforge.labs.agilent.com
message: host lookup did not complete
verification of sender from message headers deferred

kenny:/etc/mail# host -t any sourceforge.labs.agilent.com
sourceforge.labs.agilent.com    NS      cosns1.agilent.com
sourceforge.labs.agilent.com    NS      cosns2.agilent.com
sourceforge.labs.agilent.com    NS      andns1.agilent.com
sourceforge.labs.agilent.com    NS      sclns1.agilent.com

(it's an internal domain that can't be resolved outside of the company and
unfortunately the From: header cannot be fixed)

Are there hopes to get exim to parse /etc/mail/checksender/baddomains before
doing the DNS lookup?
(I thought the whole idea of exclusions in sender_verify_hosts was exactly
to override domains that don't resolve, but if exim tries to resolve the
domain first, what's the point?)

Am I missing something?
(I even tried to stick an entry in my /etc/hosts, but that bad hostname, but
even that doesn't seem to work)

Thanks,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key