Re: [Exim] spam filter integration

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: John Jetmore, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] spam filter integration
On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:46:39PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Are there any plans to include functionality to replicate sendmail's
> > libmilter functionality in exim, or at least to ease the integration?
>
> I am afraid I'm not omniscient, and I have very little knowledge of
> Sendmail. If you'll give me a clue as to what "sendmail's libmilter
> functionality" is, I might be able to answer the question.

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/gnusrc/gnu/dist/sendmail/libmilter/README?rev=1.7&content-type=text/plain

Basically, milters let you plug in anywhere in the SMTP dialog and run an
check you wish.

Viewable source here:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/gnusrc/gnu/dist/sendmail/libmilter/

Exim does (built in) what I'd need to write milters in sendmail for, but
then if there is something I need and exim doesn't do, a milter (mail
filter) lets you write this reasonably easily while being detached from the
main MTA code in case you crash, leak, whatever.

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key