Re: [Exim] Socket Bind Error/ Permission Denied (read the …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bart van Dommelen
A: Karl Balsmeier, 'exim-users@exim.org'
Cc: Karl Balsmeier
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Socket Bind Error/ Permission Denied (read the archive)
Hi,

If Exim cannot be started using port 25, please check which services is
running on this port. For example, open a telnet session like 'telnet
localhost 25'. If you have a more or less default install for your MTA, a
program name and version will be shown. This shoud identify the MTA you are
using.

After you uncommented lines regarding smtp in the inetd.conf, did you give
a kill -HUP to inetd ? if not, locate inetd using 'ps ax|grep inetd' and
use kill -HUP the inetd process. If you don't have any reference to a smtp
service, a telnet session on localhost to port 25 will be rejected. The
next thing is to declare the smtp service, but most installations will give
a reference to exim in /etc/inetd.conf.

FMI, what OS and distribution are you using ? This could help to solve what
and how it is installed.

Regards,

Bart van Dommelen.