Re: [Exim] Help Pls

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sanvir Singh Jham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help Pls
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Sanvir Singh Jham wrote:

> I am running exim as the mail server for my organisation. The problem
> I am facing is that the employees send mails directly to our clients at
> ( lets say @somedomain.com), I want to control this, either just
> dropping/blocking/rejecting the mails being sent to
> anyone@???. That is want to control the out-bound mails to a
> particular domain.

Set up a first router like this:

block_domain:
driver = domainlist
transport = block_domain
route_list = somedomain.com

Set up a matching transport like this:

block_domain:
driver = pipe
return_output
command = cat /some/file
user = exim

And then in the /some/file you can put the message, e.g.

You are not allowed to send mail to somedomain.com. Please go and
apologise to your manager and take a 50% pay cut this month.

If you want to allow some users to mail to that domain, you can put
further conditions on the router, such as "senders" or "condition".

> Also how can I restrict the message sizes, like the mail server will not
> allow in-bound or out-bound mails whose size exceeds a certain limit say
> 500KB.

Exim manual => index => "size limit" => page 86 => message_size_limit.