Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Matt Bernstein
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tabor J. Wells
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis
On Jun 22 Tabor J. Wells wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 12:38:17AM +0100,
>Matt Bernstein <mb@???> is thought to have said:
>>
>> This looks exciting, but I'd like to send the fail at SMTP time, as most
>> bounce mails would just clog up my queue. The system filter is too late,
>> and I'm waiting for Exim 4 ACLs to have my cake and eat it :)
>
>Set your RBL(s) to /reject rather than /warn. Then use
>recipients_reject_except to do a lookup in whatever form you'd like for
>the addresses that opt out of it. I'd also recommend keeping your
>support/postmaster/etc addresses in that list as well.

Well, sure, but then you lose the ability to do other things such as save
to your personal "spam" folder. I want to do both!

>By the way, the MAPS RSS and DUL catch far more than the RBL itself. I'd
>highly recommend using those in addition to the RBL.

Yes.. but this should be a matter of personal taste. In my case I'd like
to reject RSS mail and save DUL mail to my "spam" folder. Other users will
want different combinations (for whatever religious reasons).

Matt