Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave C.
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Rick Byers [exim-users] <22/06/01 17:57 -0400>:
> > So far I've enabled RBL checking in Warning (X-RBL-Warning header) mode.
> > I was thinking of setting up a system-wide per-address filter which would
> > fail all messages with an X-RBL-Warning header EXCEPT when the $local_part
> > matches one from a list. Will this work? Is there a better way?
>
> The RBL folks have apparently said that they dont want people running rbl in
> /warn mode. Apparently, seeing this header has led several lusers to
> complain to MAPS that "The RBL is hacking my mailbox!!!" (after a largish
> dialup provider stateside started using this feature).
>
> [Philip: This above is based on an old thread on news.admin.net-abuse.email
> I believe. If you would like, could you check with the people at MAPS and
> perhaps deprecate the /warn option?]

Please do not remove the option.

RBL should not be trying to dictate what people use the RBL for, since
it weakens their "We arent rejecting your mail, we just publish the
lists, and individual sysadmins can decide what to do about it" stance
which (should) absolve them of any liability.