Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: Matt Bernstein
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis
On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 12:38:17AM +0100,
Matt Bernstein <mb@???> is thought to have said:

> On Jun 22 Steve Haslam wrote:
> >On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 05:57:32PM -0400, Rick Byers wrote:
> >> So far I've enabled RBL checking in Warning (X-RBL-Warning header) mode.
> >> I was thinking of setting up a system-wide per-address filter which would
> >> fail all messages with an X-RBL-Warning header EXCEPT when the $local_part
> >> matches one from a list. Will this work? Is there a better way?
> >
> >You can do this in the system filter, sth like:
> >
> >if $header_x-rbl-warning: is not "" and "${lookup{$local_part}cdb{/etc/exim/rbl_exceptions.cdb}{yes}{no}}" is "no" then
> > fail "Not welcome"
> >endif
>
> This looks exciting, but I'd like to send the fail at SMTP time, as most
> bounce mails would just clog up my queue. The system filter is too late,
> and I'm waiting for Exim 4 ACLs to have my cake and eat it :)
>
> Matt

Set your RBL(s) to /reject rather than /warn. Then use
recipients_reject_except to do a lookup in whatever form you'd like for
the addresses that opt out of it. I'd also recommend keeping your
support/postmaster/etc addresses in that list as well.

By the way, the MAPS RSS and DUL catch far more than the RBL itself. I'd
highly recommend using those in addition to the RBL.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality