Re: [Exim] Using filters to streamline "mail merged" mailsho…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Using filters to streamline "mail merged" mailshots

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:45:09 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Whether it matters depends on your load (volume and characteristics
> thereof). You may get better throughput if you configure to get some
> parallelism in the routing. But if you are always handling so many
> messages that the system is running flat out anyway, it won't matter.

Okay. I'm hoping not to run flat out. The server should spend 16 hours
a week going mad, and the rest of the time handling delivery failure
notifications, dealing with unsubscription requests and updating its
database. :-)

From what you've said so far, I think I'll work on parallelism first and
then decide whether I can afford the CPU-for-IO trade-off implicit in
SMTP transport filtering later.

Thanks!
Sheldon.