Re: [Exim] Using filters to streamline "mail merged" mailsho…

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Using filters to streamline "mail merged" mailshots
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how much parallelism in the routing matters to
> me. I'm correct in thinking it just affects the lead time between
> arriving on the queue and the commencement of the first actual delivery
> attempt, yes?

Yes.

Whether it matters depends on your load (volume and characteristics
thereof). You may get better throughput if you configure to get some
parallelism in the routing. But if you are always handling so many
messages that the system is running flat out anyway, it won't matter.

If you are building a big system, I would plan on controlling recipient
lists in any case. Exim keeps recipient lists in linear chains.
Searching a chain of length 100 to see if there are any more addresses
for the same host is going to be more efficient than searching a chain
of length 10,000. Especially if you have put all 100 xxx@???
addresses into the one copy of the message.