Re: [Exim] Using filters to streamline "mail merged" mailsho…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Using filters to streamline "mail merged" mailshots
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Today, it occured to me that I might be able to use lookups in a filter
> to do the "peronalizing" after routing but before smtp transport time.
>
> I've thought of a couple of ways to do this, but they all involve
> individual copies of the message hitting the queue. Can this be
> avoided?

Send 1 message to the queue[*]. Set remote_max_parallel=20 (or
whatever). Set max_rcpt=1 on the smtp transport. Write a *transport*
filter.

[*] Actually, if you have n subscribers, and n > 100, send n/100
messages to the queue (i.e. for 3000 subscribers, send 30 messages).
That gives you some parallelization in the routing.