Re: [Exim] SMTP callback on envelope sender only

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP callback on envelope sender only
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken headers_sender_verify only influences the verification
> of the domain in the address, not SMTP callback.
>
> Is that correct?

Yes.

> If so, is my resort for now to turn off SMTP callback until exim 4 comes
> out?

Yes, unless you want to patch the code. At line 712 of verify.c you will
find this code:

      else
        {
        new_ok = verify_address(s, NULL, &is_local, newaddr, 0);
        }

You could change it to:

      else
        {
        char *save = sender_verify_hosts_callback;
        sender_verify_hosts_callback = NULL;
        new_ok = verify_address(s, NULL, &is_local, newaddr, 0);
        sender_verify_hosts_callback = save;
        }

That hack will disable callback while verifying a sender address from a
header line.

> (IIRC its very granular ACL checks should allow lots of things, including
> SMTP callback on the envelope and header sender independently)

Yes.