[Exim] Re: Bounce authentication patch for exim-3.30

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marian Eichholz
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Bounce authentication patch for exim-3.30
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Marian Eichholz wrote:

> Browsing through the new Exim 3.30 code, I found that the "authenticate
> bounce" code seems to be missing in the new release. Only the -Mas/-Mai
> interface made it's way into the release.
>
> So I patched the full semantics as discussed in February back into the
> new release. I am pretty shure, that it may be of use for some sites
> with authentication. So I ask You, if You probably want to include it in
> the next release.

Exim 3.30 was originally meant to be just a maintenance release. A few
*small* new functions got added. I decided that the full patch you sent
was too big an item for this release. So I have it on the list to
investigate and consider for Exim 4. Exim 3 is now definitely "frozen"
in functionality.

> An additional suggestion for discussion: Wouldn't it be probably safer
> to allow only trusted callers to authenticate implicitly with the
> -Mai/-Mas options?

Yes, that is supposed to be the case (see spec for -oMai/-oMas. Is it
not doing this? If so, it's a bug.

Thanks for the new patch, but as I said, I won't be looking at this for
Exim 3.

Regards,
Philip