Re: [Exim] How to reject mails written in the future

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to reject mails written in the future
Quoth Sheldon Hearn on Tue, Jun 19, 2001:
> Personally, no. You're talking about what I think is a cosmetic header,
> and as such, meaningless to the MTA.

I don't know whether you can define it as "cosmetic" (it *is*
useful), but I don't think rejecting on the basis of Date:
header's contents is useful. I often get mail on mailing list
claiming to be sent a couple of years before or after it was
received.

Useless info: on BSD systems you can't set date back in
multi-user mode (for pedants: yes, it depends on the kernel
security mode).

> PS: Remember that many of the answers you receive to your questions here
>     are from users and not the author.

Disclaimers, eh?

Vadik.

--