Re: [Exim] Doesn't build with GCC 3.0 (was Re: Release of Ex…

Góra strony
Autor: Urs Janßen
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Doesn't build with GCC 3.0 (was Re: Release of Exim 3.30)
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 12:02:46PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Exim 3.30 doesn't build with GCC 3.0:

must be platform specific or a very new 'feature' in gcc 3.0, cause I
can't reproduce this on a i686-pc-linux-gnu system with gcc version
3.0 20010608 (prerelease).

> It looks as if gcc 3.0 has printf defined as a macro. IMHO this is
> lunacy.

it would break a lot of existing code, yes.

> There may be other places in the source where I have done this. What do
> the C style gurus on this list think? Is it an unreasonable thing to do?

it's IMHO an ugly but common practice to use ifdefs inside function
parameters. I guess the gcc code will change again...

urs
--
"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - Linus