Re: AW: [Exim] buffer overflow?

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Hirling Endre
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: AW: [Exim] buffer overflow?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:38:09 +0200, Hirling Endre wrote:

> The attached small patch fixed this segfault for me. Please look at it and
> send me any comments.

Could you send a demonstration of the segfault for exim-3.30? I'm
trying the previously posted "mail `perl -e 'print "A" x 2000'`"
and find that Exim handles the address correctly (with a failure
notification containing the explanation "A message that you sent
contained a recipient address that was incorrectly constructed").

The FreeBSD port for Exim has already been updated to exim-3.30.

Ciao,
Sheldon.