[Exim] Re: buffer overflow?

Author: Norihisa Washitake
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: buffer overflow?
Hi Jens,

With exim 3.22, which was compiled with gcc 2.95.2 on x86 Solaris 8
host, didn't work as yours did; here's the log:
> root@mailhost# mail `perl -e 'print "A" x 619'`@A
> Subject:
> .
> Cc:
> root@mailhost# cat paniclog
> 2001-06-18 08:25:00 queue run: process 6893 crashed with signal 11
> while delivering 15BlAp-0001lL-00

I indeed think exim should examine malformed addresses,
but at least the problem seems to be out of exim itself.

FYI.

--
Norihisa Washitake <wassy@???>
Chief System Engineer.

-- Original message was as follows:
| Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 16:17:30 +0200
| From: "Jens Steube" <jsteube@???>
| Subject: [Exim] buffer overflow?

> hi exim users,
>
> i think i have found some type of buffer overflow in exim but i dont know
> 100% if it is an problem
> coming from exim (maybe procmail or an distribution problem?) - you should
> have the answer..
> i've tested it in debian's potato and sid release. both seems to have the
> same problem.
> playing around a little with it - here some examples:

(snipped)