Re: [Exim] Hi..

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: Derrick MacPherson
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Hi..
* [Derrick MacPherson on 15/06/01 08:21 -0700]

> sorry if this seems glaringly simple. I want to rip out sendmail on an old
> mal server, and have it forward mail onto a new server. What option should
> I be looking at on the old server, and what do I need to look at for
> the new server?

Install whatever on the new server (exim, say, to stay on topic).
Then set up MX records to point to the new box (if your old machine was MX for
the domain). Finally, set up a MSA like Masqmail or Nullmailer for users on
the old box to forward all mail to the new box. Or run an MTA (a newer
version preferably) on the old box if you still want it to listen on port 25.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org