Re: [Exim] inbox encryption

Author: Nils Ketelsen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] inbox encryption
On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 04:00:08PM +0200, Robin Putzar wrote:

> I've thought of inserting an encryption filter to the appendfile transport
> and doing the same on the mail server, but then you have the key lying
> somewhere around.

It should be possible to encrypt all the Messages by writing an MDA that
does the encryption. If the decryption is on the client-side everythings
fine then. Just use a pipe-transport to get the message there.

But if you have the standard-boss then he will find out, that he can't read
his mail anymore on his Laptop/Home-office/whereever. So you will have to
patch you POP3d/IMAPd to decrypt the messages before sending.

And you are right: This DOES make no sense at all.

> Does anybody has some ideas about that?

Getting a new boss is no pssibility, I guess?

Nils

--
This message will self-destruct after the default expiration-time.