Re: [Exim] replacement for smail's pathalias driver

Author: Hirling Endre
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] replacement for smail's pathalias driver
John Jetmore wrote:

> I need a router that can both rewrite the envelope-to domain of the email
> and also explicitly direct to a specific server (ignoring MX records and
> whatnot). under smail we were able to do this with the pathalias driver.
> I have investigated all of the drivers in exim and the closest I can find
> is the domainlist driver, but as far as I can tell it will either do one
> or the other, but not both. Am I missing something? Is there a more
> complicated way to do this that I am not thinking of?

You need a director:

weird_fwd:
driver = smartuser
new_address = ${local_part}@new_domain

You also need a transport..:

weird_smtp:
driver = smtp
hosts = 123.123.123.123
hosts_override

..or a router:

weird_dlist:
driver = domainlist
route_list = "new_domain 123.123.123.123 byname"
transport = remote_smtp

If you use director+transport, you need to specify transport = weird_smtp
in your director's config. If you use director+router, it's not needed.

-m-