Re: [Exim] Router question

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Douglas Gray Stephens
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Router question
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Douglas Gray Stephens wrote:

> no_footer:
>     driver = domainlist
>     transport = footer_bounce
>     domains = !mydomain1.com : !*.mydomwin2.com : !*.westerngeco.com : *
>     condition = "${if and {{!match {$message_body_end}{}} \
>                            {!match {$message_body}{CODE:XT7048}}\
>                           } \
>                           {yes}{no}}"
>     route_list = * 134.32.26.8 byname

> which causes the message to go out AND a second message is sent by the
> footer_bounce transport (back to the sender).

No. It just causes the message to be sent to the footer_bounce
transport if the condition matches. If the condition does not match, the
address is passed to the next router.

> What I really want is to abort the sending of the message, and only
> send a message back to the sender.

That is what will happen if your footer_bounce transport sends the
message.

> The ablity to use a smartuser
> driver in the router section would solve this,

[Although I don't think it's necessary here, note that in Exim 4 the
distinction between routers and directors will be abolished. One of the
reasons is precisely so that they can all be used in all circumstances.]