Re: [Exim] Router question

Author: Dr. Douglas Gray Stephens
To: Philip Hazel
Subject: Re: [Exim] Router question
Philip

At 10:08 on 15-June-2001, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Dr. Douglas Gray Stephens wrote:
>
> > I have an issue were I am trying to warn users if email is passing
> > over a particular path without a confidentiality statement,
>
> Yuck. But I suppose if you must...

Sorry, I have the same feelings at times.

> > What can I put in the route_list so that the router is skipped as if
> > there was no match, and so process the next router statement?
>
> You don't want the condition in the route_list; you want to use the
> "condition" option so that the router just isn't run if the condition is
> false. By the time you get to route_list the router is committed, so
> it's too late.

So I can do

no_footer:
    driver = domainlist
    transport = footer_bounce
    domains = !mydomain1.com : !*.mydomwin2.com : !*.westerngeco.com : *
    condition = "${if and {{!match {$message_body_end}{}} \
                           {!match {$message_body}{CODE:XT7048}}\
                          } \
                          {yes}{no}}"
    route_list = * 134.32.26.8 byname

which causes the message to go out AND a second message is sent by the
footer_bounce transport (back to the sender).

What I really want is to abort the sending of the message, and only
send a message back to the sender. The ablity to use a smartuser
driver in the router section would solve this, alternatively, section
3.4 of the manual hints that you can do if you have a DNS look up that
points back to the local host. Are there other ways to get to the
smartuser driver without relying on DNS, or another option is some
driver that just ignores the message.

Thanks,

Douglas.

--