Re: [Exim] intercepting prohibition message

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Roger Burton West
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] intercepting prohibition message
On or about Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 07:48:57AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian typed:
>Alexey Promokhov [exim-users] <14/06/01 16:20 +0400>:
>> I'm running a small home LAN server, having dialup connection to Internet.
>> Relaying outgoint mail via my ISP's relay is possible, but it is more
>> preferrabe to relay via MX of target host, so I'm using the lookuphost
>How does it become more preferable? Your ISP has a far fatter pipe - and a
>more permanent connection - to the 'net than you have. If they happen to be
>blocked because of spam origination, or RBL'd or whatever, use an smtp server
>which lets you relay using authentication etc.

We've had this discussion before. I send mail directly because I am
better-able to keep mail working than any ISP I've ever used (probably
because I only need to keep it working for me, rather than for however
many thousand customers); and because a lot of ISP mail relays tend to
get themselves into abuse lists when one customer does a spam run, and
I'm unlikely to get any sort of useful bounce message when that happens.

Roger