Re: [Exim] How to Secure SMTP/POP transaction

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: richard
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] How to Secure SMTP/POP transaction

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:27:06 MST, "richard" wrote:

> only a question why leave it up to the users to encrypt there data, shouldnt
> there be a way for the sysadmin to do that too?

Of course there should. :-)

> I mean if I were responsible for maintaining tight security over a lan
> with access to a the internet for email, shouldnt i be able to make
> all of the email traffic become encrypted BY DEFAULT and something
> that the user cant handle?

You should be able to if a generalized solution existed. Right now,
it's just too bloody hard, so nobody does. Whichever approach you take,
corner cases and caveats abound.

One of the biggest problems associated with several approaches is that
the decryption capabilities of the off-site recipients of your users'
outbound mail is seldom known.

So most admins make mail encryption the responsibility of the end-user.

Ciao,
Sheldon.