Re: [Exim] connection closed after end of data

Author: Philip Hazel
To: P Christie
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] connection closed after end of data
On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, P Christie wrote:

> We are using Exim version 3.165 #8
> with Cyrus 1.6.24
>
> Under what circumstances does LMTP return the message 'connection
> closed after end of data'?

I know nothing about Cyrus LMTP, but that message is from Exim, and it
means that the LMTP server to which it was talking closed the connection
instead of sending a return code when Exim had sent the message's data.

> I am getting this message and a
> message deferral despite the fact that the message is delivered. Hence
> several (about 6) copies of the message gett delivered before a
> 'successful' delivery occurs. First part of log shown.

I suggest you run a test with -d2 (or even -d9) set. That will show the
LMTP dialogue that is occurring. Post the result, or send it to me and
I'll check whether this is an Exim issue or not.