Re: [Exim] Rewriting all recipient addresses from a given ho…

Author: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rewriting all recipient addresses from a given host
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 08:40:56PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:15:22 +0100, Steve Haslam wrote:
>
> > > What should I read? I've tried the FAQ and have skimmed the filter
> > > specification and the manual section on rewrites. I think my answer
> > > lies somewhere in one of these two?
> >
> > Could you put sth like
> >
> > if "$sender_address" matches "something" then
> > save /var/spool/mailaux/foo//
> > finish
> > endif
>
> Something like that. I now find out that it's a group of people, not
> one mailbox, so I'll probably use deliver instead of mail. Also,
> I'll probably want sender_host_address to avoid any nasty DNS-related
> surprises.

/me promises not to be so flippant when replying next time

> So that just goes into the file that I point message_filter
> at? The manual says that I should set an appropriate
> message_filter_..._transport option if the filter generates any
> deliveries, but none of them seem to be appropriate. Should I be using
> message_filter_reply_transport?

You don't need to set up a transport for "deliver" iirc- "deliver"
means restart routing mail with a new list of addresses instead of the
original address, rather than going on to a transport.

OTOH, for things like "save" and "pipe" you need to assoicate a
transport to get user, group, maildir_format etc. settings.

HTH

SRH
--
+              Steve Haslam              |       W: +44-20-7447-1839       +
+      Software Engineer, Excite UK      |       M: +44-7775-645618        +