Re: [Exim] Creating Mailing Groups

Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: gary
CC: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Creating Mailing Groups

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:43:07 +0200, "Gary van Blerk" wrote:

> I have a Linux server running Debian 2.2 and Exim 3.12-10.
> My clients run Outlook 98 on a citrix server and send
> and recieve their mail through the linux server. I would like
> to know if it is possible to create mail groups. one for users
> allowed to relay through the server and one allowed to send
> local mail only.

Sounds like a pretty simply relay control implementation. Just use a
lookup to determine allowed relay hosts, e.g.

host_accept_relay = [...] : citrix.server.hostname
sender_address_relay = /path/to/relay_senders

This example assumes that the relay_senders file is a newline-delimited
list of e-mail address matching patterns.

This assumes that you tighten up the registry on your citrix server so
that clients can't change their e-mail address.

Ciao,
Sheldon.