Re: [Exim] OT: When to use a DB vs flat files

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sheldon Hearn
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] OT: When to use a DB vs flat files
On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> However, I'm hoping that you know of some papers I could read on the
> subject to educate myself in this regard. I'd like to get a better feel
> for where the threshold is, beyond which a DBM would make more sense.
> Perhaps you've done some playing around in this area with Exim?

No, I haven't really done any serious experiments in this area, and I
don't know of any papers offhand. A google search on "dbm performance"
throws up what look like some useful references. Folklore has it that
lsearch files start to lose if there are more than 40-50 entries, but it
must depend heavily on your hardware and the particular DBM library you
are using.