Re: [Exim] autoreply using vacation program

Góra strony
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Dla: Sujit Choudhury
CC: exim_users
Temat: Re: [Exim] autoreply using vacation program

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:16:15 +0100, Sujit Choudhury wrote:

> The other example (Q9813), when there is no local user points to example
> C019. If I understand correctly, it will be necessary to re-load the
> configuration file each time a user goes to holiday or come back from
> holiday. Is there any way of getting round this problem and use the
> vacation program on staff server?

What makes you think the configuration file will need to be reloaded
each time?

The list of vacation users is stored in a CDB file in the example.
You can use any kind of file that your Exim is configured to use, for
example a DBM file or flat text file.

The per-user files for the vacation service are also on disk, distinct
from the configuration file.

So when users go on holiday and return, all you do is play with the
vacation users list and the per-user files.

Does this help?

Ciao,
Sheldon.