Re: [Exim] exim + lotus domino + tls

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Łukasz Grochal
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim + lotus domino + tls
Hirling Endre <endre@???> writes:

> Has anyone seen exim talking to Lotus Domino using TLS? I noticed at least
> five hosts that advertise TLS in their ESMTP reply but when talked to using
> TLS, exim drops the connection saying:

Not quite true. It's Lotus Domino that drops the connection:

lgrochal@walker:~$ telnet mail.tvn.pl 25
Trying 212.160.172.2...
Connected to 212.160.172.2.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.tvn.pl ESMTP Service (Lotus Domino Release 5.0.7) ready [...]
STARTTLS
220 Ready to start TLS
Connection closed by foreign host.
(this one goes immidiately after previous line, so it's rather not a timeout)

> I didn't configure anything wrt TLS in my exim.conf.

You didn't have to. By default, if exim is compiled with TLS/SSL support,
it tries to use it if it can. Domino's say it can so it does.

> As a temporary solution, I added hosts_avoid_tls = * but I want to
> be able to use TLS in the future.

You perfectly can. There's nothing wrong about exim and TLS here. It's
just a bunch of helplessly misconfigured / broken Lotus Dominos. Just
exclude them with hosts_avoid_tls like you did or don't care about
them like I don't ;) Alternatively you could send an email to their
administrators asking them to fix the problem, but somehow I think
this one won't work ;>

--
(-) Łukasz Grochal                                  lukie@???
                                                  (for PGP key visit:)