Re: [Exim] Many mails

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Paul Rosenberg
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Many mails
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 01:13:09PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > There is another issue affecting "exim -bS" batches. One SMTP syntax
> > error in a RCPT TO line can cause the rest of the batch to be skipped.
>
> For that reason, if you can manage the extra complexity, it is better to
> use -bs rather than -bS.
>
> > One helpful measure is to include an RSET (SMTP reset) line before
> > each MAIL FROM line.
>
> Doesn't help. Exim stops dead if it encounters an error in a -bS batch.

Oops sorry, I didn't check right. We did switch to exim -bs for that
reason. We do use RSET between messages with exim -bs, and it is
beneficial in terms of limiting "knock-on" losses.

One instance of

MAIL FROM: <p r@???>

does not then cause the rest of the batch to be skipped.

--
Paul Rosenberg
Frontwire

W: www.frontwire.com