Re: [Exim] filtering during the data phase

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] filtering during the data phase
On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Phil Chambers wrote:

> For me, the ideal setup would be:
>
> check the MAIL FROM: and give a 550 response if I don't like it, then
> check the RCPT TO: and do likewise, then
> check the From: and give a 550 at the end of the DATA phase if I don't like it,
> virus-scan the body and give a 550 at the end of the DATA phase if there is a virus.

In the current state of play for Exim 4, one can run checks after RCPT
and after DATA. Since we know that rejecting MAIL doesn't always work,
it seems to me to be better to do all the envelope checking after RCPT.
(Of course, one can check the value of the envelope sender there - and
the check is cached so that it is not expensive for multiple RCPTs.)

After DATA, one has access to $h_xxx: and $message_body. This doesn't
quite give all you want, but comes close.