Re: [Exim] Many mails

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Rosenberg
A: Sheldon Hearn, Gianni Campanile
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Many mails
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 10:55:09AM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > A specialized process gets the body of the messages and the addressees
> > and it is ready to call a "mailer" . I wonder if exim can help me: my
> > real problem is that I don't wont to call a command for each mail to
> > send, that would slow down terribly. The idea is to prepare directly
> > the messages or to call some APIs to do the right job. I think I can't
> > solve with list servers, because the messages are all different.
>
> If you prepare the messages directly and can coerce your "mailer" into
> doing an SMTP session, you can pump them all into a single Exim process
> using batch SMTP mode (-bS). Make sure this user is a trusted user so
> that the sender address in your "MAIL FROM" commands is used.

There is another issue affecting "exim -bS" batches. One SMTP syntax
error in a RCPT TO line can cause the rest of the batch to be skipped.
One helpful measure is to include an RSET (SMTP reset) line before
each MAIL FROM line. (Note that HELO and EHLO act as an RSET in an
"exim -bS"). Another precaution might be to start a new batch every 50
or so messages.

In this context, it is useful to have LOG_SMTP_SYNTAX_ERRORS in effect,
although your logfile can become rather large if you do, because message
body lines that are being skipped can get logged too.

Perhaps Chapter 45 of the Exim Manual should explain a little more about
knock-on effects in an exim -bS

Best wishes,
Paul Rosenberg
Frontwire