Re: [Exim] integer expected for message_size_limit in line 3…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Horne
Cc: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] integer expected for message_size_limit in line 32
On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, John Horne wrote:

> On 08-Jun-2001 at 13:37:19 Jamie P Bontrager wrote:
> >> I'm trying to set up per-user message_size_limit but I get the above
> >> error. Anyone know why?
> >>
> >> my config file line:
> >> message_size_limit =
> >> ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/path/exim/mes_limit}{$value}{2048}}
> >
> I don't think you can do file lookups for the size limit. It is a global
> integer value, not a list as such and not expanded.

Correct.

> However, I seem to remember someone else saying something about this -
> perhaps it is to be changed in Exim 4. Ah, didn't Philip say that most main
> options would become expandable (and hence I assume lookupable)?

Well, I'm going to check through them for possible expansion.

However, in this case, even if it were expanded, it wouldn't do what I
suspect the poster wants. What value of local_part does he mean? The
value is likely to be tested at the start of a message, so perhaps the
local part of the sender address is meant, in which case I guess
$sender_address_local_part is what is really meant. However, there
should also be a check on the local part's domain; it doesn't make much
sense without it.