[Exim] Re: Patch to allow stripping of binaries

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Re: Patch to allow stripping of binaries
On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> The following patches were required to strip the Exim binaries prior to
> installation under FreeBSD.
>
> Other systems that include strip(1) in the base system would probably
> want their OS-specific Makefile adjusted as well.

I'll make the change to the base Makefile, but I'm not sure that
stripping by default is a good idea. Once it's in the base Makefile, you
would be able to enable it by defining STRIP_COMMAND in Local/Makefile.

> +    if [ x"$(STRIP_COMMAND)" != x"" ]; then \

Nobody has ever been able to explain to me why they use that paradigm,
instead of just

        if [ "$(STRIP_COMMAND)" != "" ]; then \

Do you know why you use it?