[Exim] install exim3.22 question

Autor: Midwest Mold
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] install exim3.22 question
I am attempting to install exim 3.22 with rh6.1. Unfortunately, I am
doing this in my spare time & am a relative newbie. When I run make, I
get entire scrolls of errors. I just had a thought - do I need to have
sendmail setup & running before installing exim?
Just for the record, I can send/recieve e-mail on internet. If I reset
ip add's., I can send/recieve on intranet ( 1 p90 w/linux, 2 p2-300 w/nt
4.0, 1 p-pro 200 w/nt 4.0, & 1 p90 w/nt 4.0) .
I was assuming I did not have exim settings correct, but now I am
wondering if I am installing modules in the wrong order.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tim Spencer