Re: [Exim] Fw: [LIH] (fwd) [SECURITY] [DSA-058-1] exim print…

Author: Tamas TEVESZ
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fw: [LIH] (fwd) [SECURITY] [DSA-058-1] exim printf format attack
On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> I know (and respect) the Debian policy. What I was thinking of is that I'd
> appreciate an official patch released by Philip before I get locked into a
> totally different set of patches.

it's pretty much what would have happened _should laszlo have
contacted philip at the first place_.

but, given that he badly broke rfpolicy and every sensible
bug-reporting habit around, i guess that no vendor has any other
sensible choice but patching, and maybe re-release it once there will
be an upstream fix to the issue.

--
[-]
"`rendes' `thread library' `unix' - ezeknek nincs kozos gyokuk" -- redax