Re: [Exim] Fw: [LIH] (fwd) [SECURITY] [DSA-058-1] exim print…

Góra strony
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Fw: [LIH] (fwd) [SECURITY] [DSA-058-1] exim printf format attack
Miquel van Smoorenburg [exim-users] <11/06/01 08:23 +0000>:

> For the latest released distributtion, the Debian folks always prefer
> to backport security fixes to the version that came with that distribution,
> since they consider too dangerous to force the user to upgrade to
> a new release just by installing a security update.

I know (and respect) the Debian policy. What I was thinking of is that I'd
appreciate an official patch released by Philip before I get locked into a
totally different set of patches.

If not for that, I'd have downloaded the patches debian developed and
applied them to my 3.12 installs (I dont run debian, but I do have a few
3.12 boxen that I control).

     --suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org