Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP RCPT format

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP RCPT format
Quoth Tamas TEVESZ on Fri, Jun 08, 2001:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Craig Coles wrote:
>
> > 501 <User Name<uname@???>>: "@" or "." expected after "User"
>
> > Also if there is something different that I need to do to format the user
> > email address, will it work with other SMTP servers?
>
> well, if you follow the smtp rfc, sure it will. if you don't follow it
> (see your example above:)), it _might_ work with some, and will not
> work with the majority.

The problem is that if you do something out of the scope of the
RFCs and it is accepted, it _might_ do what was intended, but
then, it might not. "User Name<uname@???>" may be parsed
by a broken SMTP server as <uname@???>,
<"User Name<uname"@???>, <UserNameuname@???>, or in
any other twisted way. Being too liberal in what you accept may
be a bad idea.

Vadik.

--
Yes, you can get an account if you promise not to wear ties
anymore.