Re: [Exim] Migration

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Migration
Quoth Derrick MacPherson on Thu, Jun 07, 2001:
> I am migrating off a Linux (cobalt using sendmail - double yuck) to a
> penguin Linus box (RH7)running Exim. The cobalt hosts mail and DNS for a
> number of domains,

Not enough information. Virtual domains is a concept that has no
definition; therefore, the statement above is almost meaningless.
It doesn't mean that if you define it better, I will help you,
but be aware that virtual domains mean different things to
different people.

> and I'm beginning to get a decent grasp off all that I
> will need to do.

Take the Exim manual, try to grasp the Exim way of doing things,
post general phylosophical questions (such as "What is the One
True Exim Way to implement this abomination?") when you have any,
and may Philip be with you.

> I am hoping there are a few of you out there who can make
> some suggestions as to 'gotchas' that I should be aware of during the
> move.

Nothing comes to mind.

> I am moving most of the accounts straight over, leaving the UIDs as
> they are.

Create a test system.

> A few of the hiccups I foresee are in regards to the complex
> config that the Cobalt has in the majordomo list server, but I will sort
> through that slowly.

Majordomo configuration should not be different, I think.

Vadik.

--
A paperclip telling you how to configure a firewall would be
*really* *dumb*.