Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP RCPT format

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Craig Coles
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP RCPT format
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Craig Coles wrote:

> 501 <User Name<uname@???>>: "@" or "." expected after "User"

i don't _think_ you can do that. this notation is an awful awful crap,
and sendmail shouldn't have allowed you that either. (i tried myself,
and am surprisd to the bone that yes, it actually does allow it...)
any hard i think, i can't find a valid explanation for this kind of
notation... ;o it's simply broken. right along with sendmail in this
case.

> Also if there is something different that I need to do to format the user
> email address, will it work with other SMTP servers?

well, if you follow the smtp rfc, sure it will. if you don't follow it
(see your example above:)), it _might_ work with some, and will not
work with the majority.

--
[-]
"`rendes' `thread library' `unix' - ezeknek nincs kozos gyokuk" -- redax