[Exim] Exim SMTP RCPT format

Author: Craig Coles
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim SMTP RCPT format
After doing quite a bit of testing on a test machine with virtual domains,
system filters, and just being careful I finally made the transistion from
sendmail to Exim. However, I have now run into a problem once the
production system is now in place. I have an automated process on a
different host that sends email directly to a smarthost (where Exim is now
installed) that has been submiting mail in the form of 'User
Name<uname@???>' during the SMTP communcation. Now when Exim is used
I am getting the following errors:

501 <User Name<uname@???>>: "@" or "." expected after "User"

What do I need to do to allow this same functionality as with sendmail?
Also if there is something different that I need to do to format the user
email address, will it work with other SMTP servers?

Thanks for your time,

-Craig Coles