Re: [Exim] Forcing a failure during delivery, something wron…

Góra strony
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
Dla: Dave C.
CC: Exim Users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Forcing a failure during delivery, something wrong ...
* Dave C. <djc@???> [20010606 18:00]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Forcing a failure during delivery, something wrong ...'
Dave>
Dave> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
Dave>
Dave> > * Georges Arnould <garnould@???> [20010606 14:09]: writing on the subject '[Exim] Forcing a failure during delivery, something wrong ...'
Dave> > Georges> Hi !
Dave> > Georges>
Dave> > Georges>     Here is my problem : I want to be able to force failure for some users
Dave> > Georges> ... I have some aliases files, formatted like this :
Dave> > Georges>
Dave> > Georges>     name:    alias
Dave> > Georges>
Dave> > Georges>     When I want to force a failure, I put
Dave> > Georges>
Dave> > Georges>     name:    :fail:
Dave> > Georges>
Dave> > Georges>     But in my configuration, exim writes the mail into a ' :fail: ' file
Dave> > Georges> (file's named :fail:) ...
Dave> > Georges>
Dave> > Georges>     Here is my configuration for director :
Dave> >
Dave> > All your other details aside, did you run newaliases after editing the
Dave>
Dave> Uhm... 'newaliases' is a sendmil thing, which compiles the plaintext
Dave> /etc/aliases into the approprate dbm format for sendmail. This is
Dave> completely irrelevant to exim.

My confusion....I was thinking Sendmail ;-)

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Waving away a cloud of smoke, I look up, and am blinded by a bright, white
light. It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God. In a
booming voice, He says: "THIS IS A SIGN. USE LINUX, THE FREE UNIX SYSTEM FOR
THE 386.
-Matt Welsh