Re: [Exim] LDAP: no route to host

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Steve Haslam
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP: no route to host
On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 09:27:25PM +0200, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:
> I've been able to find (and solve) some problems with the compilation.
> The worst problem was that I didn't compile the openldap-libraries
> myself and a collegue compiled them on a Sun Ultra and later copied them
> to the Sparc Station 20 which serves as a test-system. I don't have to
> tell you that Ultra-Code doesn't run on non-ultra Sparc-Systems, do I?
>
> I am suprised that exim compiled without problems though it was linked
> against Ultra-libraries. I am not surprised that my LDAP-Lookups failed,
> due to this conflict between ultra and non-ultra.

Well, iirc UltraSparc is not regarded as a separate arch- although
there is a flag set in the ELF files to say "UltraSparc V8+
required". But the linker might have ignored that if it didn't know
about it. Which a pre-Ultra linker might not.

(This is in contrast to 64-bit sparc code which I assume is very
different indeed at the instruction level)

SRH
--
+              Steve Haslam              |       W: +44-20-7447-1839       +
+      Engineering Grunt, Excite UK      |       M: +44-7775-645618        +