Re: [Exim] How to accept for obviously bogus recipients

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] How to accept for obviously bogus recipients
Quoth Sheldon Hearn on Mon, Jun 04, 2001:
> So what I want to know is whether there's any magic I can perform
> that will cause Exim to accept via SMTP, messages for absolutely
> any recipient address, no matter how bogus it looks, e.g.:
>
>     i.am.not.an.address
>     almost@???.
>     almost@.an.address.com

> I have found work-arounds for the first two problems. For the first, I
> configure Exim to allow unqualified recipients and qualify them with a
> domain that gives a clue as to what went wrong. For the second, I think
> strip_trailing_dot will do the trick.

Yup, these will do the tricks.

> But that last one is a bugbear, because by the time I get control using
> a rewrite rule, Exim has already rejected the message at SMTP time. And
> the hack-around I use for the first one is crap.

Rewrite with the 'S' flag. See chapter 34.7, _The SMTP-time
rewriting flag_.

> So, any ideas? :-)

No. Well, yes. Hunt the authors of the sending program down and
torture their pets until they promise to read and implement RFC
2821. Then break the fingers of the CEO, one finger at a time,
until he agrees to let you install a nicer product. Furrfu, the
programs that commercial companies use these days are worse than
Sexchange.

Vadik.

--
Taunt not the sysadmin, for he can become you and make your life
interesting.