[Exim] How to accept for obviously bogus recipients

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] How to accept for obviously bogus recipients
Hi folks,

I have an exim-3.22 smart relay for a particularly stupid sending
application that can't generate its own bounce messages. If the smart
relay doesn't accept a message, the sending application requeues the
message!

Before I continue, let me say that I am quite aware that I'm dealing
with a horribly broken system and that the real solution is to fix that.
Unfortunately, I can't. Such is life in the real world.

So what I want to know is whether there's any magic I can perform
that will cause Exim to accept via SMTP, messages for absolutely
any recipient address, no matter how bogus it looks, e.g.:

    i.am.not.an.address
    almost@???.
    almost@.an.address.com

I have found work-arounds for the first two problems. For the first, I
configure Exim to allow unqualified recipients and qualify them with a
domain that gives a clue as to what went wrong. For the second, I think
strip_trailing_dot will do the trick.

But that last one is a bugbear, because by the time I get control using
a rewrite rule, Exim has already rejected the message at SMTP time. And
the hack-around I use for the first one is crap.

So, any ideas? :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.

Occam's Corollary: Anything that works is better than anything that doesn't.