[Exim] Re: Smarthost DNS timeout

Góra strony
Autor: Morten Bo Johansen
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Re: Smarthost DNS timeout
Andrew D <awd@???> wrote:

> well as I said in my first response it doesn't make sense. DNS
> lookups have nothing to do with the message size!!

No, I got that, I just mentioned it because it seemed like the
only evidence that something perhaps could be deduced from.

> If you change the smartroute host to a IP and send a largish
> email ie 150K does it go through normally?

I just replaced "smtp.worldonline.dk" with "212.54.64.155",
(which is the corresponding IP according to nslookup) so that
the line in exim.conf reads:

     route_list = "* 212.54.64.155 bydns_a"

and the response is:

    lookup of host "212.54.64.155" failed in smarthost router

So the message is not even attempted to get sent.

> If you do a normal nslookup from the command line, how long
> does it take to come back?

It returns the IP addresses in miliseconds.

Regards,

Morten

--
"I don't like money actually, but it quiets my nerves." (Joe Louis)