Re: [Exim] Re: Smarthost DNS timeout

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrew D
A: Morten Bo Johansen, Exim users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Smarthost DNS timeout
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 12:46 AM
Subject: [Exim] Re: Smarthost DNS timeout

> > lol, no way, mail runs on DNS :)
>
> Well, more like "continued dns lookups". I mean it does get to

and if it is the same DNS lookup all the time a caching name server will
definately help :)
> the smarthost and will deliver any messages shorter than ca.
> 70K. Therefore I don't understand this. I have never had this
> problem with any other MTA.

well as I said in my first response it doesn't make sense.
DNS lookups have nothing to do with the message size!!
If you change the smartroute host to a IP and send a largish email ie 150K
does it go through normally?

> > just change the hostname in smarthost router to the IP for that
> > host, though u may have to check every now and then to see if
> > that host has changed IP.
>

> There's got to be another way...any other checks I could make
> to track down the problem? If it would help to post my
> exim.conf I'll gladly do so.

As this is a DNS problem (by the looks based on what u have provided us),
there are some options in the exim docs that may help, but won't actually
solve the problem ie DNS timeouts

If you do a normal nslookup from the command line, how long does it take to
come back?

cya
Andrew

--
You know it's a bad morning when you get up out of bed and miss the floor.